Thursday, April 15, 2010

Red

Usually I look for songs to go along with my posts, to sort of accompany, comment or illustrate an idea. Some work better than others. This time however I simply wanted to add the song “Red” by Daniel Merriweather to my playlist blog basically just because I really love the song a lot. It is one of the best new ballads I’ve heard probably since George Michael did “Careless Whisper”. I’m not saying it’s as good or time worthy as “Careless Whisper” but it’s really good. Once in a while, on Saturday mornings while I’m making breakfast and coffee (mmmmm....home fries!!!) I turn on VH1 to keep in “tune” with current trends in music. It’s not much different from the old days in the 80s when I would watch MTV, especially last week. Instead of the usual Rap and Grunge music there were quite a few, just “normal” pop rock tunes. Is there a return to real music again? Most of the stuff in the Top 20 was actually pretty good, but for me “Red”, even though it was “only” at 13 on the list, was a cut above everything else. Now I just have to find a picture of mine to accompany this song. I hope you enjoy it, the song that is!! I couldn't decide which "red" photograph to use, so here's a bunch, none of which deserve to be used with this song.







No comments:

Post a Comment