Sunday, March 28, 2010

A quick note on the Title Block

Here's a quick comment about my Title Block photo which I just recently added. I noticed other people have photos in their title blocks and it seemed like a good idea. I remembered a photograph I took of myself in the mirror which I thought conveyed the image of "cameraguyd" rather well. I like it for several reasons:

1) It has one of my favorite cameras in it (which of course took the picture), the Nikkormat EL.

2) It is in black & white.

3) The bathroom mirror lights made for very nice, even lighting.

4) The irony of a photograph of a camera at the moment it captures itself on film is intriguing.

5) It has very fine detail, contrast and tonality.

6) And most importantly, you can hardly see my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment