Saturday, March 27, 2010

You're Only As Old As You Look !


Sally Field has been seen on TV a lot lately doing commercials. Patty Duke, not so much. Sally Field looks pretty, youngish and healthy. Patty Duke, not so much. Both of these women have a few things in common. For one thing they were very popular teenage actresses back in the early 1960s. They also managed to continue their acting careers beyond their teens. And they are both the same age, 63. My wife and I did happen to see Patty Duke on TV recently doing a commercial for an Irish music CD collection. I was suprised at how old she looked. "Hey wait a minute! Isn't she about the same age as Sally Field?", I asked my wife. "They were both popular teen stars at about the same time", I explained. I did a quick fact check in Wikipedia verifying their age and also "Googled" some recent photos of the two actresses as seen below:







Here's one more picture of Patty Duke:









1 comment: