Thursday, April 15, 2010

History Lesson?

While I was sorting through my pictures to go with "Red" (see next posting below) I came across this somewhat rather typical photo of a red barn which just happens to be up the street from me, well actually, that's kind of the point of this post. It used to be just up the street. It has recently been torn down to make room for yet another cookie cutter designed house. And I thought we were in a housing slump. The rural atmosphere of the neighborhood I live in, like a lot of places is continually diminishing. This barn was a favorite subject of mine. It was a 5 minute walk from my house. The famous photographer Paul Strand used to say that you could take some of the best photographs just outside your back door or in your backyard or something like that! Which is comforting for me because I never really go anywhere! But I'm glad I at least had the chance to take some pictures of that old barn because now it's another part of history.





No comments:

Post a Comment