Thursday, January 28, 2016

Minox DCC Leica M3


Here is a nice photo I took of a Minox DCC M3 5MP camera I recently purchased. Interestingly the camera does not use the brand name “Leica” on the top as did the earlier 2.1MP miniature M3 replica (which I also have). Instead the classic Minox logo takes the place of the Leica logo. I’m guessing all this has to do with copyright laws and time frames during which the cameras were made while Minox was and was not owned by Leica.  I could of course be wrong about copyright issues but Minox was owned by Leica from 1996 to 2001 when it became an independent company again. Anyway I thought it was a rather dramatic picture. Note the similar “orange peel” texture on the camera as well as the table top. This was completely unintentional. In spite of all the cameras I have this photo was taken with my iPhone 5C because it is the only digital camera I have which always has the battery charged!


No comments:

Post a Comment