Sunday, August 15, 2010

San Francisco



"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
Mark Twain






Day 1


At Hotel ......Finally.







Day 2


We just got up. Haven't really done anything yet. Last night I took a quick walk down the street around 10 PM here time. Things were pretty much closed up. I got a burger at In N Out, a fast food joint. Joe was in the room & pretty well wiped out for the 1st long day. See you later.


Saw lots of stuff today - Fishermen's Wharf, crookedest street (Lombard St). Did a lot of walking, talking & photographing. Having fun. Take good care of Dexter.













Day 3


Today ended up being do your own thing day for the most part. I headed off to City Lights Bookstore and the Beat Museum as well a couple of art galleries, etc. It was a kind of bohemian day for me as I chatted with a few people along the way and spent quite a while in the museum learning about some of the Beat poets. Joe and I met up later for beer, wine, fried calamari and chowder at the Wharf.






















Day 4


We just got up now (7:30 here). I think we both needed a good rest. I think if you were here for any longer than a few days you adjust to the pace. People here don't seem to be very rushed and no one expects anyone to rush. Maybe it's because they're already 3 hrs behind their big brother city on the east coast (NYC). See you later.



We went to Muir Woods today. It was nice to get out of the city and back to nature for a while. Dexter would have liked it. The weather was nice and cool and only one bug! From there we went to Sausalito which was OK but I think it is a bit overrated. On the advice of our bus driver I had a delicious salmon sandwich while we were there. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow. See you in a few days.










Day 5


Went out for breakfast in / near Chinatown. I had a California omelette. It was delicious with fresh tomatoes, onions and on the top....avocados. Then we went across the street for a cappuccino. That gave us enough energy to hike up to the top of Telegraph Hill to Coit tower. Next we walked downhill to the extremely touristy Pier 39 where we went to the aquarium. We then bummed our way back through crowded Jefferson St. to our hotel to relax a bit and contemplate dinner for the evening. See you soon.


















2 comments:

  1. SF was really nice. I especially liked hanging around the North Shore area: restaurants, coffee shops, galleries, etc. I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete