Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood













This is a short post about a photograph that I did not take. The photo you see here (left) is a surrogate. I wish I did get a picture, kind of like
Ivan Albright's painting "That Which I Should Have Done I Did Not Do" (right)!


















Maybe I still can, but in the meantime, had I taken the photograph you would be able to see a rather healthy, handsome, large coyote which lives in our neighborhood. To quote the sales pitch from a well known chain restaurant I would say he's "eatin' good in the neighborhood"!








There are plenty of turkey, jack rabbits and deer in the area to feast on.




He prances around in broad daylight, rather nonchalantly, like he owns the place. It drives our dog, Dexter, absolutely nuts. Is he jealous of Mr. Coyote's freedom or just mad because he is on our property? One day the coyote slowly walked along the driveway about 12' from Dexter's window as if to purposely let him know he was there. I thought the glass would break from Dex's ear piercing bark!





No comments:

Post a Comment